4-D Fee Schedule
Fees paid by hospitals and birthing centers seeking a Baby-Friendly designation are the primary source of funding support for Baby-Friendly USA. The fee structure is organized by phase and by facility type.
- Each facility will pay a "Phase Fee" as it moves through the 4-D Pathway.
- Currently, there is no fee for the first phase, Discovery.
- The Phase Fee assumes that a facility will complete each phase within twelve months. If a facility takes more than twelve months to complete a single phase, additional fees will apply. If a facility completes a phase in less than twelve months, they may move on by submitting the fee for the next phase.
- The Development, Dissemination and Designation Phase fees also include a portion of the on-site assessment fee. For single-site facilities, there will be an additional charge for travel-related expenses at the time of the on-site assessment. For multi-site facilities, in addition to travel-related expenses a supplementary fee will apply.
- Once a hospital is designated as Baby-Friendly, there is an Annual Fee.
Click here to see current fee schedule.