Fees paid by hospitals and birthing centers seeking the Baby-Friendly designation are the primary source of funding support for Baby-Friendly USA, Inc.
The fee structure is organized by phase and by facility type.
4-D Pathway Fee Schedule:
Ongoing changes in the health care industry relating to vendor compliance and payment processing requirements have necessitated that Baby-Friendly USA undergo a thorough review of its fee structure. We expect that this review will be completed and aligned with the strategic plan approved by the Board of Directors in early 2016. While undertaking the review, we will hold the current fee schedule in place until July 1, 2016. Going forward, it is our intent to minimize any increases in fees that might become necessary; however, as forces outside our control impact our budget, we may be required to increase fees to cover mandated expenses.
- Each facility will pay a "Phase Fee" as it moves through the 4-D Pathway.
- Currently, there is no fee for the first phase, Discovery.
- The Phase Fee assumes that a facility will complete each phase within twelve months. If a facility takes more than twelve months to complete a single phase, additional fees will apply. If a facility completes a phase in less than twelve months, they may move on by submitting the fee for the next phase.
- The Development, Dissemination and Designation Phase fees also include a portion of the on-site assessment fee. For single-site facilities, there will be an additional charge for travel-related expenses at the time of the on-site assessment. For multi-site facilities, in addition to travel-related expenses, a supplementary fee will apply.
- Once a hospital is designated as Baby-Friendly there is an Annual Fee.
- Please click here to view the fee schedule for Designated Facilities.