Join the Baby-Friendly USA Team
Baby-Friendly USA, Inc. strives to create an exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment in which our employees can flourish. We want each member of our staff to have a long and successful association with our organization and be a happy and productive member of our team.
We encourage you to review the open positions below and use the form to the right to submit your application.
Chief Operating Officer
Full-time opportunity based in our Albany office. New position that supports the CEO in developing and implementing strategic priorities and policies, and providing leadership and direction to the staff. Candidates must have the ability to develop a strong, cohesive leadership team and manage the day-to-day operations.
- BA/BS in management, maternity and child services, or related field; masters preferred.
- 5 years+ in a senior management role leading a diverse team including telecommuters.
- non-profit experience, preferably with a fee-for-services financial structure.
- experience presenting to and working with boards of directors and the media.
Human Resources Generalist
Full-time opportunity based in our Albany office. New position that performs all organization HR-related functions including employee relations, the recruitment & onboarding process, employee benefits, employment law compliance, and performance management.
Candidates must have the ability to relate to employees at all levels within the organization and work with management to meet the business needs of the organization.
Qualifications include a BA in HR Management or related field, 3-5 years as a Generalist, preferably in a business office environment as a sole practitioner, and PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification.
RN with 40 hours+ credit in breastfeeding & lactation management; IBCLC preferred. Travel to birthing hospitals/facilities in US to conduct onsite assessments as part of a 2-person team. Prepare written report upon completion of assessment. Paid travel & expenses.
4-D Pathway Maternity Review Specialist
Full-time position based in our Albany office or remotely. Reviews and provides feedback on birthing facility materials and conducts telephone interviews with facilities as needed.
Provides feedback on the following for facilities:
- Infant Feeding Policy
- Staff training plans including curriculum
- Curriculum/topics for prenatal and inpatient education
- Data collection and quality improvement plan for maternity care and infant feeding
- Licensed RN with 3 years+ clinical maternity care experience
- Current knowledge of evidence-based maternity practices supporting lactation
- Knowledge of the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative