Join the Baby-Friendly USA Team
Baby-Friendly USA, Inc. strives to create an exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment in which our employees can flourish. We want each member of our staff to have a long and successful association with our organization and be a happy and productive member of our team.
We encourage you to review the open position below and use the form to the right to submit your application.
Baby-Friendly USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, protected veteran status, or other non-merit factors and characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Full-time administrative opportunity based in Albany, NY.
We are looking for a highly organized administrative professional with ability to promptly complete multiple tasks/projects while attending to details in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment.
- Supervise a team of per diem staff members located throughout the US to ensure that they conduct healthcare facility assessments in accordance with all aspects of agency policies and procedures
- Work with facilities to communicate on-site visit expectations regarding scheduling and preparedness
- Coordinate details of on-site visit arrangements between internal and external partners, including complex travel
- Associate Degree in healthcare management, communication or related field, or equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum one year of experience or knowledge in healthcare systems
- Three years of management experience including recruitment, training and supervision of professional staff preferred
- Experience working with off-site staff and arranging travel across USA, preferred
- Understanding of breastfeeding field, maternity care practices or prenatal clinic preferred
- Prior successful experience in a small non-profit organization beneficial
This is an exempt position that includes after hours and weekends, on-call duties and may require occasional travel.
External Review Board Member
Volunteer opportunity, remote position
We are seeking qualified individuals to serve on our External Review Board (ERB) to review facility assessment reports prepared by the BFUSA assessors and cast ballot regarding results of their review.
- Read and review the assigned blinded Assessment Reports
- Evaluate reports based on the Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria and the Ten Steps for Successful Breastfeeding
- Make determination regarding designation within the specified timeframe following BFUSA procedures
- Participate in a group discussion with other ERB members as necessary
- Attend conference calls with BFUSA management and colleagues
- Maintain confidentiality of position as an External Review Board Member
- Maintain confidentiality about any information received about any hospitals, and Baby Friendly USA processes
- Conduct work in accordance with BFUSA Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Policies
- Communicate with management regarding availability
- Knowledge and understanding of the Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria
- Licensed or certified health professional with a minimum of 10 years of experience in maternal and child health, such as: Medical Doctor, Certified Nurse Midwife, Registered Nurse, International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), Registered Dietitian
- Knowledge of current maternity care practices to support lactation
- Previous experience in implementing Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria at a healthcare facility
- Knowledge of the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes
Successful candidates must be free of conflicts of interest, including working at a hospital that is currently pursuing Baby-Friendly designation, working for an organization that is providing technical assistance to hospitals in the Baby-Friendly designation process, working for an organization that provides Baby-Friendly designation training or conducts the “20-Hour Course” training.