Join the Baby-Friendly USA Team
Baby-Friendly USA, Inc. strives to create an exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment in which our employees can flourish. We want each member of our staff to have a long and successful association with our organization and be a happy and productive member of our team.
We encourage you to review the open position below and use the form to the right to submit your application.
Baby-Friendly USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, protected veteran status, or other non-merit factors and characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Chief Executive Officer
The BFUSA Board of Directors is recruiting a Chief Executive Officer to succeed our current leader who is retiring. Click here for more information.
External Review Board Member
Volunteer opportunity, remote position
We are seeking qualified individuals to serve on our External Review Board (ERB) to review facility assessment reports prepared by the BFUSA assessors and cast ballot regarding results of their review.
- Read and review the assigned blinded Assessment Reports
- Evaluate reports based on the Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria and the Ten Steps for Successful Breastfeeding
- Make determination regarding designation within the specified timeframe following BFUSA procedures
- Participate in a group discussion with other ERB members as necessary
- Attend conference calls with BFUSA management and colleagues
- Maintain confidentiality of position as an External Review Board Member
- Maintain confidentiality about any information received about any hospitals, and Baby Friendly USA processes
- Conduct work in accordance with BFUSA Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Policies
- Communicate with management regarding availability
- Knowledge and understanding of the Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria
- Licensed or certified health professional with a minimum of 10 years of experience in maternal and child health, such as: Medical Doctor, Certified Nurse Midwife, Registered Nurse, International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), Registered Dietitian
- Knowledge of current maternity care practices to support lactation
- Previous experience in implementing Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria at a healthcare facility
- Knowledge of the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes
Successful candidates must be free of conflicts of interest, including working at a hospital that is currently pursuing Baby-Friendly designation, working for an organization that is providing technical assistance to hospitals in the Baby-Friendly designation process, working for an organization that provides Baby-Friendly designation training or conducts the “20-Hour Course” training.